Shatterproof is a national nonprofit dedicated to reversing the addiction crisis in the United States. We are in search of an experienced Grassroots Community Engagement Manager to support Shatterproof’s growing volunteer group. This position reports to the Director of Grassroots Engagement and Development. The role is integral in managing and growing volunteer constituency relationships and matching members of the grassroots community to meaningful opportunities that support Shatterproof priorities, increase brand/program support and increased philanthropic contributions.
- Supports the onboarding and training of new Shatterproof Ambassadors
- Proactively identifies storytelling opportunities and supports creation of advocacy testimonials as well as marketing/communications and fundraising messaging
- Actively engages with Shatterproof Ambassadors to support fundraising, driving toward increased capacity in both Create Your Own Fundraising as well as Shatterproof’s signature events (virtual and in-person)
- Cultivates/steward constituents toward increased engagement with Shatterproof and within their communities
- Serves as the main point of contact for coordinating community opportunities led by/referred by Shatterproof Ambassadors
- Manages communication, training, events for Shatterproof’s Junior Board cohorts nationally, creating engaging opportunities of mutual benefit that drive fundraising and engagement
- Oversees grassroots social media sites in collaboration with marketing team
- Maintains accurate and complete records of volunteer interactions
- Accurately captures donor records and files
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+years of professional experience in volunteer management, communications and/or fundraising.
- Demonstrated experiences in a grassroots environment where fundraising and engagement were measures.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written with the ability to craft messages for varying audiences and platforms.
- Experience producing and supporting high quality, mission-driven events.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial and creative approach to problem-solving, and the ability to leverage emerging opportunities and trends.
- Ability to work flexible hours to support our national presence.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required. CRM database experience required, Donor-centric giving platform experience a plus, Salesforce experience preferred.
- Ability to travel nationally, as needed for meetings and events.
To Apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com with subject line “[Name] – GRSSCOMMENGMgr." Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Shatterproof values diverse perspectives and is committed to building an inclusive workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or prior arrest history. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.