Shatterproof is seeking a Manager of Digital Content and Social Media who can enhance our brand and build strong online communities across existing and new social media platforms. The Manager of Digital Content and Social Media will create, grow, and manage an organic social media strategy that increases the size of Shatterproof’s social audiences, retains, engages, and mobilizes supporters, and increases fundraising across social channels. In addition to overseeing the organization’s social media strategy, the Manager of Digital Content and Social Media will collect and curate stories, post organic social media content, and act as a community manager by answering questions, replying to comments, thanking fundraisers, and staying in touch with supporters. The Manager of Digital Content and Social Media will also manage and/or support virtual and online events such as webinars, Facebook Live events and more as well as support paid advertising campaigns, troubleshoot issues, measure performance, analyze outcomes, and adjust tactics to improve results. We are looking for an out of the box thinker who can organize, manage, and repurpose digital creative assets to accommodate requests for content and storytelling across all digital channels.
- Build an effective social content strategy to increase traffic, engagement, and conversions
- Create, curate, and manage social content - in text, audio, visual, and multimedia formats - that balances engaging storytelling and promotion of Shatterproof’s resources and tools
- Build a social media content calendar and adjust it to accommodate time-sensitive content
- Amplify and promote Shatterproof’s work in three strategic areas: Revolutionizing Addiction Treatment, Ending Addiction Stigma, ad Educating and Empowering our Communities, and work across departments with specialists in these areas to craft messaging and promotional plans
- Plan, design, implement, and monitor social media marketing campaigns and report progress
- Drive adoption of user generated fundraisers (birthday, generic) to raise funds
- Create organic creative concepts that drive to business goals
- Work with paid media/social agency on focused campaigns and Google Grant implementation
- Analyze performance and make recommendations for adjustments to maximize results
- Cultivate relationships with supporters by responding to questions and comments promptly
- Manage social media budget and make strategic tradeoffs to achieve organizational objectives
- Create high-performing acquisition campaigns to increase the size of our email database
- Monitor social media trends, including developments in design, applications, strategy, and innovation to stay relevant and oversee the expansion of Shatterproof’s social media footprint
- 5+ years of experience successfully managing social media platforms for a significant, high-profile organization such as a major non-profit entity, campaign, or public corporation/brand
- Demonstrated expertise devising social media strategies, implementing campaigns, tracking performance, and scaling high-performing promotions
- Understanding of social media platforms, their unique audiences, and how to use them to maximize branding and marketing efforts
- Ability to advocate for best practices in the social media space
- Experience building compelling cross-platform digital content to accomplish organization fundraising and advocacy goals and growing social traffic via engaging content and storytelling
- Comfortable with proactively seeking out information and content needed to promote Shatterproof’s programs
- Ability to work closely with Graphic Designers to create compelling visual assets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional time management skills
- Proficiency in analytics software, search engine optimization, keyword research and Google Ad campaign management.
- Ability to collaborate with and influence key stakeholders across a complex organization
- Ability to use industry standard techniques, such as pixel tracking and retargeting, to engage users across multiple channels and track performance
- Experience with CMS and CRMs, Salesforce experience preferred
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at once, build relationships, and work effectively with internal and external partners
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to leverage insights to draw sound conclusions and recommendations
- Ability to write content and edit creative assets (images and videos) as needed preferred
- An undergraduate degree required
- Understanding of substance use disorder (SUD) preferred
Shatterproof is a national non-profit organization dedicated to reversing the addiction crisis in the United States and ending the devastation addiction causes families. Shatterproof harnesses the models of business, the rigor of science and the power of a national movement to create change and save lives. This is accomplished through three pillars of work:
Revolutionizing addiction treatment - We are fixing the healthcare delivery system so that every person facing addiction has access to quality care and treatment based on science, just like any other disease
Ending addiction stigma - We are building awareness that addiction is a treatable disease, not a weakness. By changing people’s attitudes and behaviors, we’re reducing shame and instead creating hope and respect that will lead to full and fulfilling lives.
Supporting and empowering our communities - We are instilling hope, confidence and resiliency within our families and communities by providing science-based prevention and treatment-related educational resources, by advocating for life-saving policies, and by creating connections.
Gary Mendell founded Shatterproof in 2012 after losing his son Brian to addiction in 2011. He started the organization to spare others the tragedy his family suffered with the loss of his son. He is an experienced businessman and CEO who founded HEI Hotels & Resorts and is the former president of Starwood Lodging Trust. The organization has a leadership of eight people including Founder and CEO Gary Mendell, a Board of Directors, Board of Advisors, Scientific Board and an Opioid Overdose Advisory Board.
Learn more about Shatterproof at www.Shatterproof.org and through this Impact Report.
To apply, please send you resume and cover letter to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please indicate the position you are applying to. Shatterproof values diverse perspectives and is committed to building an inclusive workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or prior arrest history. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.