The VP, Community Fundraising and Brand Experiences will be responsible for the strategic development and implementation of brand engagement experiences, physical and virtual, that broaden the grassroots footprint of Shatterproof nationwide and leverage peer to peer fundraising. This position will contribute to the creation of meaningful and impactful experiences that increase brand awareness, foster strong community relations, increase revenue, improve donor loyalty and acquire new year-round supporters for Shatterproof. This position will lead a team of grassroots marketers to use community engagement, peer-to-peer fundraising, leveraging third-party events and partnerships to engage the public throughout the country to engage with and raise funds for Shatterproof.
The VP will be expected to excel at the following:
- Directs the execution of Shatterproof’s brand experiences to raise awareness and funds for Shatterproof which include Community Fundraising Walks, Virtual Shatterproof Stronger Than Addiction Challenge, Create Your Own Fundraisers, participation in third party events and new experiences that would drive to business goals.
- Serve as lead and point for annual Walk events and create strategy to evolve the events to engage more people and raise more funds for Shatterproof.
- Serve as a Shatterproof spokesperson.
- Develop a multi-year, integrated strategy for grassroots brand experiences including yearly expense budgets, revenue goals, public engagement goals, and brand awareness goals.
- As part of that strategy, research and recommend new and innovative P2P and experiential fundraising programs to build a robust and well-rounded P2P and experiential fundraising portfolio.
- Build the team and business processes necessary to successfully implement brand experiences throughout the United States. Serve as supervisor and mentor a team of staff throughout the country.
- Partner with CMCO to establish solid, productive relationships with highly productive leaders from the board of directors, board of advisors and community-at-large. Garner their respect and commitment through their intelligence and experience to create influence for brand awareness and fundraising.
- In collaboration with the CMCO, develop ROI measurements for brand experiences and peer-to-peer fundraising programs; provide overall revenue and expense forecast and advise if any variances are anticipated; review final campaign results and provide analysis and final recommendations for presentation to the CEO.
- Align Shatterproof’s community engagement, brand experiences and fundraising campaigns with its pillars of work, ensuring that fundraising communications and marketing efforts engage and motivate large numbers of donors via a diverse array of both digital platforms and traditional outreach strategies.
- Assess the efficacy of the programs via precise data analysis and stay abreast of developments in the industry to keep event marketing & fundraising program competitive.
- Manage relationships with sponsors, outside consultants, vendors and venues. Manage the process of negotiating agreements or contracts where applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- An unparalleled commitment to raising awareness of substance use disorder in America.
- Ten or more years of professional experience in event marketing, P2P/event fundraising program(s).
- Demonstrated experience leading a robust grassroots fundraising and engagement program.
- Demonstrated ability to establish goals, chart a strategic course, and develop corresponding tactical plans.
- Demonstrated ability to mobilize and motivate a team to achieve goals.
- Poise and experience in public speaking.
- Experience producing and working high-quality events.
- Commitment to staying abreast of current trends in P2P and experiential events, and especially to the rise of social media and other innovative digital technologies.
- Passion for and experience with engage diverse demographic groups in an innovative, ground-breaking manner.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial and creative approach to problem-solving, and the ability to take advantage of emerging opportunities and trends.
- DonorDrive and Salesforce experience.
- Ability to travel nationally, as needed for meetings and events.
Shatterproof is a national nonprofit dedicated to reversing the addiction crisis in the United States.
Addiction is the most significant health crisis in the United States today.
For the 20.4 million adults in America with a substance use disorder (SUD), the devastation caused by the disease can be crushing. In 2018, more than 175,000 deaths in the U.S. were related to alcohol and other drugs – the third largest cause of death in the nation. Of those deaths, 47,000 were from an opioid overdose. The opioid crisis also cost society an estimated $179 billion to $696 billion in 2018 alone. These impacts are felt across a broad swath of society, from health care to employers to the government. Even more tragic, the social isolation and anxiety brought on by COVID-19 has made the addiction crisis that much worse. Addressing this health crisis is more important now than ever. Recent reporting indicates that overdoses are up 30% across the nation – an all-time high.
Founded by hospitality executive Gary Mendell in 2013, Shatterproof draws from the extensive business experience of its senior leadership and uses a for-profit, ROI-focused lens to create results. Our strict commitment to science, evidence-based solutions, and transformational change has informed the business plan we execute daily. Our business plan includes work within the following three key pillars:
- Revolutionizing the treatment system. We are transforming the healthcare delivery system so that every person facing addiction has access to quality care and treatment based on science.
- Breaking down addiction-related stigmas. Addiction is a treatable disease, not a weakness. By changing people’s attitudes and behaviors, we’re reducing the shame in order to encourage patients to seeking life- saving treatment, and providing reassurance, compassion, and support for a full and fulfilling life.
- Supporting and empowering our communities. We are providing science-based educational resources that aid in the prevention, treatment and recovery of addiction, while building hope, confidence and resiliency within families and communities, and advocating for life-saving policies.
Shatterproof’s growth and achievements are a testament to our investors and the growing number of stakeholders and communities rising up against addiction. Together, we can reverse this health crisis and create a better and brighter future, free from the disease of addiction and the stigma that surrounds it.
For more information, please visit Accomplishments.
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “[Name] VICE PRESIDENT, Community Fundraising and Brand Experiences”. Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Shatterproof values diverse perspectives and is committed to building an inclusive workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or prior arrest history. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.