Founded in 2012, Shatterproof is a non-profit organization committed to decisively tackling the disease of addiction to alcohol and other drugs. Its programs offer support for sufferers and their families, enable powerful new evidence-based approaches to prevention and treatment, and take the issue to the steps of Capitol Hill. Shatterproof’s mission is to significantly reduce the devastating impact of addiction on families across America. This organization helps parents prevent their children from developing an addiction to alcohol and other drugs and ensure that those afflicted with this disease gain access to proven and effective treatments and long-term recovery programs. It reduces the stigma and secrecy associated with addiction, removing the shame felt by those struggling with this disease and their families. Shatterproof educates, empowers and equips parents, families, educators, health care providers, legislators, and others to address addiction head-on. This vibrant, fast-growing nonprofit organization has numerous creative initiatives in place generating awareness and support for reversing the course of the addiction crisis in America. Engaging millions of Americans and empowering them to create change is central to Shatterproof’s Business Plan.
The Creative Director will formulate the innovative concepts that support the Shatterproof brand, marketing, product, and digital goals. Reporting to the Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, the Creative Director will be responsible for managing the consistency of the Shatterproof brand, including logos and visual marks, house style, event marketing materials, merchandise, internal marketing and more. The Director must be capable of leading multiple creative solutions quickly from concept to completion across multiple platforms with minimal direction. They should be able to give clear direction to other designers, writers, digital strategists, and contractors to maintain campaign and brand consistency. The Creative Director needs to be fluent in all facets of the creative process, have knowledge of industry best practices, be willing to take risks, test creative direction as well as able to lead and execute.
- Oversees the implementation and compliance of the Shatterproof brand identity graphics standards and brand architecture voice/tone, copy and aesthetic, across all marketing channels and throughout the organization’s priorities and programmatic work, with the vision to grow awareness and understanding of the Shatterproof brand throughout the United States.
- Produce new ideas for Shatterproof branding, promotional campaigns and marketing communications.
- Responsible for project managing and designing core Shatterproof brand and programmatic/sub-brand marketing communications assets including collateral, advertising, annual publications, and digital platforms.
- Take an active role in developing strategies so that design and creative outputs are part of the forefront of strategic planning for the organization and programmatic work and events.
- Design and create multimedia/interactive digital marketing items, including www.Shatterproof.org
- Oversees staff and the work of external agencies, designers and production vendors.
- Proactively direct and manage multiple assignments on time and on budget.
- Successfully evaluate and select creative, art and copy pertaining to event activations.
- Consistently inspire the team to create world-class, pioneering ideas that conceptualize world-class solutions. Generate useful, usable ideas across all existing and emerging digital platforms. Continually develop practices and processes to inspire, innovate and harness new ways of thinking.
Required Qualifications: (list what the candidate must have to do the job)
- Proven success and experience in a strategic creative execution role for a significant, high-profile organization such as a major non-profit entity, government agency, campaign or public corporation
- A natural storyteller who understands best-in-class creative (design and copy) and can scale ideas/solutions to budget, brand needs, timelines and environments
- Expert in Adobe design platforms—InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience and understanding of PowerPoint design
- Web design skills including a deep understanding of fundamental UX web design principles
- Experience designing for a variety of digital media platforms, including traditional web and mobile interfaces
- Ability to understand and manipulate data and information for infographics Experience with Salesforce, Drupal, and Marketing Cloud a plus
- Strong proofreading skills
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines and fluctuating schedules
- Multimedia experience in utilizing audiovisual technologies, animation, motion graphics, digital photography and other multimedia techniques.
- As technology continues to evolve rapidly, the Designer will serve as the organizational resource in adapting to and adopting new techniques as they become available.
- Ability to foster an environment of creativity and professional growth. Ability to experiment to find creative solutions. Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar opportunities.
- Successful experience in developing, directing and managing multiple projects.
- Experience supervising and managing contractors and teams.
- Experience in project management including budgetary responsibilities. Ability to develop and manage project and a team budget(s).
- BS in Visual arts, graphic design or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Detail and deadline oriented, with a willingness to work non-traditional hours
- Ability to collaborate with and influence key stakeholders across a complex organization
- Ability to travel domestically
- Understanding of Substance Use Disorder
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “[Name] Creative Director Application”
Shatterproof values diverse perspectives and is committed to building an inclusive workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or prior arrest history. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.