Founded in 2012, Shatterproof is a non-profit organization committed to decisively tackling the disease of addiction to alcohol and other drugs. Its programs offer support for sufferers and their families, enable powerful new evidence-based approaches to prevention and treatment, and take the issue to the steps of Capitol Hill. Shatterproof’s mission is to significantly reduce the devastating impact of addiction on families across America. This organization helps parents prevent their children from developing an addiction to alcohol and other drugs and ensures that those afflicted with this disease gain access to proven and effective treatments and long-term recovery programs. It reduces the stigma and secrecy associated with addiction, removing the shame felt by those struggling with this disease and their families. Shatterproof educates, empowers and equips parents, families, educators, health care providers, legislators, and others to address addiction head-on. This vibrant, fast-growing nonprofit organization has numerous creative initiatives in place generating awareness and support for reversing the course of the addiction crisis in America. Engaging millions of Americans and empowering them to create change is central to Shatterproof’s Business Plan.
Shatterproof seeks a Director of Digital Strategy Online Giving to develop cross-channel digital communications programs that support and grow year-round online giving campaigns and programs, and the retention and growth of Shatterproof supporters and prospective supporters. The Director of Digital Strategy will create online giving campaigns, create both organic and paid creative concepts and translate them into succinct and effective copy for email, social media, web content, and more to create successful support of our awareness and fundraising efforts throughout the country. Oversee and contribute to the production, delivery, and QA of major email programs, social media content, paid media content, and web content.
- Create and manage the email and fundraising campaigns and communication strategies that target supporters to give year-round to Shatterproof and dramatically increase online fundraising revenue from current annual goal of $1 million.
- Oversee Shatterproof’s digital fundraising on websites and email marketing and social media platforms, in collaboration with the Marketing & Communications Department and Development Department. This includes targeted annual campaigns and special opportunities.
- Direct detailed preparation of sophisticated annual online and digital marketing and direct response fundraising plans, with accompanying budgets and revenue goals.
- Initiate new fundraising activities to increase net online revenue, number of donors secured through online sources, and number of gifts per donor.
- Integrate digital strategies and tactics into broader communications and marketing campaigns.
- Apply a strong understanding of digital best practices to all initiatives, including social and email writing, testing, recruitment, community management, and reporting.
- Write and edit digital content that is authentic to Shatterproof’s voice and point of view, and aligns with goals.
- Contribute to the development of digital media best practices for the digital engagement team. Stay abreast of new trends and internal testing results and surveys and use that knowledge to inform work and educate other staff.
- Provide strategic counsel to officers, departments, and state affiliates on digital communications (including crisis communication) and the best method to convey Shatterproof’s message and mission across digital channels and to raise funds.
- Collect and analyze data for online campaigns and communications strategies, including but not limited to web traffic and user behavior, email messaging statistics, and social media trends; and use this analysis to inform strategy.
- Participate as a member on a variety of work teams; may also participate as a team leader.
- 5-7 years of experience as a strategic communications adviser for a significant, high-profile organization such as a major non-profit entity, government agency, campaign or public corporation.
- Demonstrated understanding of how to build short-, mid-, and long-term digital campaigns incorporating email, social media, organic and paid media, online content, and SMS (traditional or Hustle) to accomplish organization fundraising and advocacy goals.
- Strong understanding of substance use disorder (SUD) issues, news and policies.
- Significant experience with advocacy digital platforms, CMS, CRMs and project management platforms, Salesforce experience preferred.
- Proven experience growing social and site traffic via engaging content and storytelling.
- Understanding of data and technology and can lead meaningful dialogue with product, technology, and data teams.
- Proven strategic thought leadership and demonstrated experience driving innovative marketing programs.
- Strong problem-solving skills – approaches problems logically with a solution-oriented mindset and with good judgment to provide the appropriate customer outcome.
- Extremely collaborative with the ability to build relationships and engender trust among diverse partners and stakeholders within a matrix organization.
- Sense of urgency to execute and demonstrate successful program implementations.
- Demonstrate ability to influence, manage, and present ideas via excellent clear written and verbal communications.
- Strong project management skills including ability to manage multiple priorities at once, build relationships, and work effectively with internal and external partners.
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills, especially in business modeling and analytics, with the ability to leverage insights to draw sound conclusions and recommendations.
- Detail and deadline oriented, with a willingness to often work non-traditional hours.
- An undergraduate degree required.
- Ability to collaborate with and influence key stakeholders across a complex organization.
Shatterproof values diverse perspectives and is committed to building an inclusive workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or prior arrest history. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.