Founded in 2012, Shatterproof is a non-profit organization committed to decisively tackling the disease of addiction to alcohol and other drugs. Its programs offer support for sufferers and their families, enable powerful new evidence-based approaches to prevention and treatment, and take the issue to the steps of Capitol Hill. Shatterproof’s mission is to significantly reduce the devastating impact of addiction on families across America. This organization helps parents prevent their children from developing an addiction to alcohol and other drugs and ensures that those afflicted with this disease gain access to proven and effective treatments and long-term recovery programs. It reduces the stigma and secrecy associated with addiction, removing the shame felt by those struggling with this disease and their families. Shatterproof educates, empowers, and equips parents, families, educators, health care providers, legislators, and others to address addiction head-on. This vibrant, fast-growing nonprofit organization has numerous creative initiatives in place generating awareness and support for reversing the course of the addiction crisis in America. Engaging millions of Americans and empowering them to create change is central to Shatterproof’s business plan.
Shatterproof seeks a Director of Digital Strategy Peer-to-Peer to develop cross-channel digital communications programs that support and grow peer-to-peer fundraising events and programs, and the retention and growth of Shatterproof supporters and prospective supporters. The Director of Digital Strategy will define and create both organic and paid creative concepts and translate them into succinct and effective copy for email, social media, web content, and more to create successful peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns. Oversee and contribute to the production, delivery, and QA of major email programs, social media content, paid media content, and web pages.
- Create and manage the email and fundraising campaigns and communication strategies that target participants of peer-to-peer events and activities including annual walks, create your own fundraising campaigns and potential new innovations and events.
- Work collaboratively throughout the organization and within the Marketing & Communications team to engage the public to build the Shatterproof brand, enhance community support of local actions, and increase field capacity for building community partnership.
- Develop and implement an engagement plan and tools to cultivate, educate, inspire, and solicit corporate contacts, community leaders, and other prospects, with an eye towards highly effective connectors who could become team captains.
- Integrate digital strategies and tactics into broader communications and marketing campaigns.
- Apply a strong understanding of digital best practices to all initiatives, including social and email writing, testing, recruitment, community management, and reporting.
- Write and edit digital content that is authentic to Shatterproof’s voice and aligns with goals.
- Contribute to the development of digital media best practices for the digital engagement team. Stay abreast of new trends and internal testing results and surveys and use that knowledge to inform work and educate other staff.
- Provide strategic counsel to officers, departments, and state affiliates on digital communications (including crisis communication) and the best method to convey Shatterproof’s message and mission across digital channels and to raise funds.
- Collect and analyze data for online campaigns and communications strategies, including but not limited to web traffic and user behavior, email messaging statistics, and social media trends; and use this analysis to inform strategy.
- Participate as a member on a variety of work teams; may also participate as a team leader.
- 5-7 years of experience as a strategic communications adviser for a significant, high-profile organization such as a major non-profit entity, government agency, campaign or public corporation.
- Demonstrated understanding of how to build short-, mid-, and long-term peer-to-peer digital campaigns incorporating email, social media, organic and paid media, online content, and SMS (traditional or Hustle) to accomplish organization fundraising and advocacy goals.
- Significant experience with peer-to-peer fundraising platforms, CMS, CRMs and project management platforms, Salesforce experience preferred.
- Proven experience growing social and site traffic via engaging content and storytelling.
- Understanding of data and technology and can lead meaningful dialogue with product, technology, and data teams.
- Proven strategic thought leadership and demonstrated experience driving innovative marketing programs.
- Strong problem-solving skills – approaches problems logically with a solution-oriented mindset and with good judgment to provide the appropriate customer outcome.
- Extremely collaborative with the ability to build relationships and engender trust among diverse partners and stakeholders within a matrix organization.
- Sense of urgency to execute and demonstrate successful program implementations.
- Demonstrate ability to influence, manage, and present ideas via excellent clear written and verbal communications.
- Strong project management skills including ability to manage multiple priorities at once, build relationships, and work effectively with internal and external partners.
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills, especially in business modeling and analytics, with the ability to leverage insights to draw sound conclusions and recommendations.
- Detail and deadline oriented, with a willingness to often work non-traditional hours.
- An undergraduate degree required.
- Ability to collaborate with and influence key stakeholders across a complex organization.
- Understanding of substance use disorder (SUD).
Shatterproof values diverse perspectives and is committed to building an inclusive workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or prior arrest history. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.