Founded in 2012, Shatterproof is a non-profit organization committed to decisively tackling the disease of addiction to alcohol and other drugs. Its programs offer support for sufferers and their families, enable powerful new evidence-based approaches to prevention and treatment, and take the issue to the steps of Capitol Hill. Shatterproof’s mission is to significantly reduce the devastating impact of addiction on families across America. This organization helps parents prevent their children from developing an addiction to alcohol and other drugs and ensure that those afflicted with this disease gain access to proven and effective treatments and long-term recovery programs. It reduces the stigma and secrecy associated with addiction, removing the shame felt by those struggling with this disease and their families. Shatterproof educates, empowers and equips parents, families, educators, health care providers, legislators, and others to address addiction head-on. This vibrant, fast-growing nonprofit organization has numerous creative initiatives in place generating awareness and support for reversing the course of the addiction crisis in America. Engaging millions of Americans and empowering them to create change is central to Shatterproof’s Business Plan.
The VP, Community Engagement and Brand Experiences will be responsible for the strategic development and implementation of brand engagement experiences, physical and virtual, that broaden the grassroots footprint of Shatterproof nationwide and leverage peer to peer fundraising. This position will contribute to the creation of meaningful and impactful experiences that increase brand awareness, foster strong community relations, increase revenue, improve donor loyalty and acquire new year-round supporters for Shatterproof. Building upon the success of the Shatterproof Rise Up Against Addiction (RUAA) Walks (seven in 2020) the VP of Community Engagement and Brand Experiences will lead a team of grassroots marketers to use community engagement, peer-to-peer fundraising, leveraging third-party events and partnerships to engage the public throughout the country to connect with and raise funds for Shatterproof.
The VP will be expected to excel at the following:
- Develops the objectives and directs the execution of Shatterproof’s brand experiences which include Community Fundraising Walks, participation in third party events and new experiences that would drive to business goals.
- Serve as lead and point for annual Walk events and create strategy to evolve the events to engage more people and raise more funds for Shatterproof.
- Serve as a Shatterproof spokesperson.
- Develop a multi-year, integrated strategy for brand experiences including yearly expense budgets, revenue goals, public engagement goals, and brand awareness goals.
- As part of that strategy, research and recommend new and innovative P2P and experiential fundraising programs to build a robust and well-rounded P2P and experiential fundraising portfolio.
- Build the team and business processes necessary to successfully implement brand experiences throughout the United States. Serve as supervisor and mentor a team of staff throughout the country.
- Partner with CMCO to establish solid, productive relationships with highly productive leaders from the board of directors, board of advisors and community-at-large. Garner their respect and commitment through their intelligence and experience to create influence for brand awareness and fundraising.
- In collaboration with the CMCO, develop ROI measurements for brand experiences and peer-to-peer fundraising programs; provide overall revenue and expense forecast and advise if any variances are anticipated; review final campaign results and provide analysis and final recommendations for presentation to the CEO.
- Align Shatterproof’s community engagement, brand experiences and fundraising campaigns with its advocacy platform, ensuring that fundraising communications and marketing efforts engage and motivate large numbers of donors via a diverse array of both digital platforms and traditional outreach strategies.
- Assess the efficacy of the programs via precise data analysis and stay abreast of developments in the industry to keep event marketing & fundraising program competitive. Continue to assess industry for trends and best practices.
- Manage relationships with outside consultants, vendors and venues. Manage the process of negotiating agreements or contracts where applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- An unparalleled commitment to raising awareness of drug and alcohol addiction in America.
- Five or more years of professional experience in event marketing, P2P/event fundraising program(s). Demonstrated experience launching or actively involved in a robust grassroots engagement program.
- Demonstrated experience and proven success in growing revenue from a peer-to-peer or grassroots fundraising program.
- Demonstrated ability to establish goals, chart a strategic course, and develop corresponding tactical plans.
- Demonstrated ability to mobilize and motivate a team to achieve goals.
- The energy and drive to build a national movement.
- Poise and experience in public speaking.
- Experience producing and working high-quality events.
- Commitment to staying abreast of current trends in P2P and experiential events, and especially to the rise of social media and other innovative digital technologies.
- Passion for and experience with engage diverse demographic groups in an innovative, ground-breaking manner.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial and creative approach to problem-solving, and the ability to take advantage of emerging opportunities and trends.
- Individual with high levels of energy, self-confidence, a positive “can-do” attitude and relentless drive for results. Excellent and well-demonstrated project management skills. Ability to manage numerous concurrent and developing projects.
- Initiative and DonorDrive, or other P2P fundraising platform, and Salesforce.
- Ability to travel nationally, as needed for meetings and events.
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “[Name] Vice President, Community Engagement and Brand Experiences”
Position is located in Washington DC
Shatterproof values diverse perspectives and is committed to building an inclusive workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or prior arrest history. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.