Share your experience. Advocate for change.
Shatterproof Ambassadors are a part of a national network of volunteer peer leaders, educating and empowering others to learn about and support Shatterproof’s mission to reverse the addiction crisis in the United States. Ambassadors are committed to promoting the Shatterproof vision and representing the organization.
Being a Shatterproof Ambassador is a rewarding experience that allows you to share your passion for Shatterproof’s mission.
As a Shatterproof Ambassador, you will:
- Introduce Shatterproof to your network of friends, family, colleagues, and community
- Volunteer at Shatterproof events or on committees
- Organize information sessions in your community
- Assist in Shatterproof fundraising efforts
- Share your story in the news, on social media, and on blogs
- Assist with Shatterproof state and federal advocacy efforts
- Be an "Ambassador in Action" by sending in photos and videos
Learn more about becoming a Shatterproof Ambassador in our Frequently Asked Questions.
“I participated in the Senate hearing to change opioid prescribing guidelines. Knowing my story made an impact on the law, and will make a difference in another parent’s life —that’s empowering.”
— Dee D.
“I attended the Opioid Forum in Hartford, where I shared my story and discussed the opioid epidemic with state legislators.”
— Kerilyn W.
“I lost my two precious sons to substance use disorders. Being a Shatterproof Ambassador allows me to give them a voice.”
— Diana L.
"We humanize the addiction crisis. We share with our friends, who share with their friends, and the connectedness becomes unlimited.”
— Wendy S.
"Shatterproof has given me the chance to use my experience to help others. It has also helped me to feel stronger. We are making changes one day at a time.”
— Ada H.