Questions to ask providers
Looking for the right treatment provider? Use these questions to guide your choice.
- When can I get an appointment?
- What is the cost of the program? Is insurance accepted?
- What type of financial aid, payment plans or sliding fee scales are offered?
- How are you addressing COVID 19? Do you offer virtual services?
- Do you offer customized treatment for (fill in the age/gender/other characteristics)?
- Do you provide services for withdrawal management (“Detox”), Medications for Opioid Use Disorder, medical and psychiatric staff for physical and mental health issues?
- Do you offer family counseling? If not, can you make a referral?
- Do you design a continuing care plan to help in the ongoing recovery process?
- What do you do to motivate patients to stay engaged in their treatment plan?
- Have you had your program evaluated? What are the outcomes of the evaluation?
- What credentials and licenses do the program program’s clinical staff hold?
- What type of accreditation and/or state licensing do you have?
Find high-quality addiction treatment
In DE, LA, MA, NY, NC, or WV you can use ATLAS to search by location, services, and payment options.
Find out how to pay for treatment
Paying for treatment can be complicated, but understanding your rights and options can help.
Ask your network for support
Here are some tips for talking to your employer, friends, and family about treatment.