We lost him to pain
Our dear Mike lost his life in January 2016 due to pain medications. He was a triathlete, a master mechanic, an active father, a loving husband, a dear friend, a son, abrother, etc. In late 2011, pain shot down his leg and stayed 24/7. In 2013, he had failed back surgery. There was no known 'fix'. He needed pain meds. He tried all other options. He moved from Morphine to heroin when the dose was not enough. He died in our home of a heroin overdose. His incredible, loving daughter found him. He never wanted that. He should not have been put in this position from a physical and mental addiction to these poisons. We miss him every minute of every day.