Find providers who offer the type of treatment recommended by your assessment.
Search for providers
Try searching on findtreatment.gov or go directly to your insurance company’s listing of in-network providers.
Identify high-quality providers that meet your needs
Narrow your list to providers who offer the treatment type, payment options, age, language and special programs recommended by the assessment.
- If you’re using findtreatment.gov select “Outpatient” if your assessments recommends “Outpatient” or “Intensive Outpatient”
- IMPORTANT: If your assessment recommends additional services, ask about them when you contact providers.
Once you’ve compiled a list of providers that sound like a good fit, talk to them to see if they offer all the services recommended by your assessment.
Access to treatment may be different during COVID-19. When you contact providers, ask if they are taking new patients and/or providing virtual treatment.
Use these questions when you speak to providers
- When can I get an appointment?
- What is the cost of the program? Is insurance accepted?
- What type of financial aid, payment plans or sliding fee scales are offered?
- How are you addressing COVID 19? Do you offer virtual services?
- Do you offer customized treatment for (fill in the age/gender/other characteristics)?
- Do you provide services for withdrawal management (“Detox”), Medications for Opioid Use Disorder, medical and psychiatric staff for physical and mental health issues?
- Do you offer family counseling? If not, can you make a referral?
- Do you design a continuing care plan to help in the ongoing recovery process?
- What do you do to motivate patients to stay engaged in their treatment plan?
- Have you had your program evaluated? What are the outcomes of the evaluation?
- What credentials and licenses do the program program’s clinical staff hold?
- What type of accreditation and/or state licensing do you have?