Shatterproof is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to ending the devastation of addiction. Above all, our Facebook page is a space for Shatterproof supporters and people interested in news and information about substance use disorders. We strive to keep this space safe, civil, and useful.
We encourage you to join the conversation by leaving comments on our Facebook posts. Follow these guidelines to ensure your comments are approved and are contributing appropriately to the discussion.
Comments that include the following things will not be approved on our page:
- Language that demeans, devalues, or dismisses people affected by addiction.
- Racist, sexist, ageist, homophobic, or otherwise hateful or aggressive language or ideas.
- Personal attacks, insults, or profanity. While we encourage passionate debate and differences of opinion, please be respectful. Even if your comment is mostly constructive, one personal insult or F-bomb could lead us to remove your whole post.
- Posts that spread unfounded claims, rumors, speculation, or misinformation.
- Language or ideas that reinforce the stigma of addiction. Our page is dedicated to shattering this stigma. Comments that harshly reinforce negative stereotypes will be removed. (Think: “all junkies are criminals,” “addicts deserve to suffer because of their bad choices.”)
- Derailing. Don’t take the discussion off on a different and unproductive tangent. We’ll remove comments that are irrelevant to the subject matter of the original post.
- Spammy content. Don't spam our page or a post thread with multiple repetitive posts that are not engaging in the discussion at hand. Further, if we can’t tell whether a comment was left by a spam bot or a real human being, we’re likely to delete it. Avoid excessive use of caps-lock or exclamation points, inappropriate photo or gif attachments, and long run-on sentences.
Repeat offenders run the risk of being banned from our page. This is done on a case by case basis.
Send us a message on Facebook, or email email@example.com. Please keep in mind that we’re a small but mighty team. We’ll do our best to get back to you quickly and address your concerns fully.