Why Give to Shatterproof
We have the power to change things – but true change is only possible if we work together.
We believe no one should struggle with or die from a substance use disorder (SUD), a preventable and treatable disease. We are the only national nonprofit organization working to remove the systematic and societal barriers that keep people from accessing quality treatment and having a strong recovery.
Invest in Addressing the Biggest Challenges for those Struggling with Addiction
Our focus is on changing the systems. We identify the most significant issues and use science-based work to address them. Whether informing state and federal policies, reducing addiction stigma, or building a science-based treatment system, we are creating the change required to reverse the addiction crisis in the U.S.
Change Depends on You
We are implementing science-based solutions that have been sitting in medical journals. In ten years, this organization has brought to life many life-saving aspects of that research. Our actionable programs are possible through charitable support from concerned donors like you.
Help Save a Life
More than 46 million people ages 12 and older struggle with a SUD. Your investment helps ensure we reach as many as possible with trusted guidance and resources to help them navigate the complexities of a SUD.
Why Invest Now?
Addiction is devastating our country at an increasing rate. Exacerbated by the pandemic and declining mental health, we now have a record number of people in our country struggling with SUD. Fentanyl is pervasive across all substance use and increasing the overdose rates in our country. We suffered an all-time high of more than 107,000 overdose deaths in 2021, with 67% of the increase from fentanyl. There were an additional 100,000 deaths from alcohol use disorder. While addiction impacts every race, ethnicity, and class, those impacts are far greater in communities of color. We cannot wait to effect this change. Eleven people die every hour from an overdose; we must do everything possible to stop this.
More than 80 cents of every dollar goes directly towards programs and services to transform the treatment system, end addiction stigma, support and empower our communities, and change policy.
What will my Donation Do?
- Drive implementation of the National Principles of Care, a standard of addiction care, by all treatment facilities.
- Invest in expanding Shatterproof Treatment Atlas, a trusted guide to help patients and families receive care and support.
- Support grassroots efforts to compel state and federal legislators to enact SUD issues, laws, and policy reform.
- Link individuals with lived experience together through community programming, advocacy, and action.
- Bring together individuals and communities to use their voices to end addiction stigma.
- Honor those we've lost and help friends and family grieve through the National Addiction Memorial.
- Provide trustworthy science-based information to prevent, treat, and recover from addiction.
- Help Americans understand that addiction is a chronic, treatable disease.
- Ensure that opioid settlement funds are being used to save more lives.