Founded in 2012, Shatterproof is a non-profit organization committed to decisively tackling the disease of addiction to alcohol and other drugs. Its programs offer support for sufferers and their families, enable powerful new evidence-based approaches to prevention and treatment, and take the issue to the steps of Capitol Hill. Shatterproof’s mission is to significantly reduce the devastating impact of addiction on families across America. This organization helps parents prevent their children from developing an addiction to alcohol and other drugs and ensures that those afflicted with this disease gain access to proven and effective treatments and long-term recovery programs. It reduces the stigma and secrecy associated with addiction, removing the shame felt by those struggling with this disease and their families. Shatterproof educates, empowers and equips parents, families, educators, health care providers, legislators, and others to address addiction head-on. This vibrant, fast-growing nonprofit organization has numerous creative initiatives in place generating awareness and support for reversing the course of the addiction crisis in America. Engaging millions of Americans and empowering them to create change is central to Shatterproof’s business plan.
Shatterproof seeks a Full Stack Developer to help support existing web applications, oversee the development of new web projects and applications, and build and maintain our API infrastructure. Candidates for this role will be passionate about well user-experience, written code, testing, and excel at coming up with simple approaches to complex problems.
- Project manage web product development and interfaces with external partners and vendors
- Develop and maintain PHP-based web applications using clean code and best practices.
- Contribute to the development of custom API integrations.
- Construct, test, optimize, and deploy cloud and container-based solutions.
- Ensure responsiveness of applications and cross-platform integrations
- Engineer solutions for backend integration.
- Troubleshooting bugs and problems with existing and new projects.
- Conduct performance analysis, troubleshooting, and remediation actions to keep custom cloud services running optimally.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or related field.
- Experience working with Amazon AWS platform (Lamda and Aurora)
- Experience navigating and working with other APIs.
- Experience with full stack architecture, as well as API design and implementation.
- Experience with Git or a similar version control system.
- Experience of PHP based Content Management Systems such as Drupal and WordPress
- Container experience with Docker or Kubernetes a plus.
- Experience with continuous integration/delivery tools a plus.
- Project management experience and ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent verbal communications skills
Shatterproof values diverse perspectives and is committed to building an inclusive workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or prior arrest history. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.