Founded in 2012, Shatterproof is a non-profit organization committed to decisively tackling the disease of addiction to alcohol and other drugs. Its programs offer support for sufferers and their families, enable powerful new evidence-based approaches to prevention and treatment, and take the issue to the steps of Capitol Hill. Shatterproof’s mission is to significantly reduce the devastating impact of addiction on families across America. This organization helps parents prevent their children from developing an addiction to alcohol and other drugs and ensure that those afflicted with this disease gain access to proven and effective treatments and long-term recovery programs. It reduces the stigma and secrecy associated with addiction, removing the shame felt by those struggling with this disease and their families. Shatterproof educates, empowers and equips parents, families, educators, health care providers, legislators, and others to address addiction head-on. This vibrant, fast-growing nonprofit organization has numerous creative initiatives in place generating awareness and support for reversing the course of the addiction crisis in America. Engaging millions of Americans and empowering them to create change is central to Shatterproof’s Business Plan.
This position will contribute to the creation of meaningful and impactful experiences that increase brand awareness, foster strong community relations, increase revenue, improve donor loyalty and acquire new year-round supporters for Shatterproof. An important member of the marketing team, the Regional Director of Community Engagement will drive high-quality experiences that advance our brand, donor involvement, cultivation and stewardship to meet Shatterproof’s vision of creating a strong grassroots network of supporters. Reporting to the VP, Community Engagement and Brand Experiences, the Community Engagement Director will oversee a region and implement the brand engagement strategy within that region with a focus on community events that raise brand awareness and funds, including the Shatterproof Walks.
- Work with VP, Community Engagement and Brand Experiences to build comprehensive engagement programs and events in local markets that increase brand awareness, foster strong community relations, increase revenue, improve donor loyalty and acquire new year-round supporters for Shatterproof.
- Identify and implement marketing opportunities, partnerships, influencers and opportunities to increase organization’s presence and awareness within communities in the region that can drive business goals.
- Manage Shatterproof Rise Up Against Addiction Walk event in Los Angeles including local sponsorship, participant recruitment, Peer-to-peer fundraising, and community engagement to meet revenue and engagement goals.
- Identify and cultivate opportunities to grow/convert ambassadors/advocates, event participants and volunteers into monthly, annual and/or major donors
- Identify and manage opportunities within region to build brand awareness and engagement
- Work with leadership to form, develop and manage regional volunteer leadership councils; build a council of influencers that support comprehensive fundraising efforts
- Maintain accurate and complete records of donor interactions. Ensure that contacts, next steps and tasks, and contact reports are consistently and accurately captured in donor records and central files
- Ensure the prompt and proper processing and acknowledgement of donations in a timely manner
- Prepare regional marketing support materials including acknowledgements, proposals, stewardship reports, talking points, agendas, presentations, scripts, strategy briefings, general correspondence and other materials as assigned/needed with great attention to detail
- Track and report on progress, tactics, trends, financial reports and other measures to analyze and determine success
- Utilize and maximize a variety of technology platforms to manage relationships, including but not limited to a Salesforce, project management systems and general business and communication tools
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- An unparalleled commitment to raising awareness for drug and alcohol addiction in America
- Three or more years of professional experience in empowering individuals through fundraising, participating in events, volunteerism, and corporate partnerships
- Excellent public speaking skills with the ability to present Shatterproof’s mission and ways to get involved to groups of all sizes
- Demonstrated experience recruiting individuals to support an organization
- Demonstrated ability to mobilize and motivate individuals to achieve goals
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for growth in relationships
- Ability to organize time effectively and manage a large number of tasks simultaneously
- Initiative and independence, combined with the ability to work well as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with variety of constituencies
- Knowledge of the community a plus
- Excellent verbal and written skills, creativity, independent judgment, attention to detail, accuracy, strong editing skills, and follow-through.
- Competency in software including Microsoft Excel, DonorDrive or other P2P platform, and Salesforce.
- Ability to travel as needed for meetings and events.
Position is based on Los Angeles
To Apply: Please send your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “[Name] Regional Community Engagement Director”
Shatterproof values diverse perspectives and is committed to building an inclusive workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or prior arrest history. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.