Founded in 2012, Shatterproof is a non-profit organization committed to decisively tackling the disease of addiction to alcohol and other drugs. Its programs offer support for sufferers and their families, enable powerful new evidence-based approaches to prevention and treatment, and take the issue to the steps of Capitol Hill. Shatterproof’s mission is to significantly reduce the devastating impact of addiction on families across America. This organization helps parents prevent their children from developing an addiction to alcohol and other drugs and ensures that those afflicted with this disease gain access to proven and effective treatments and long-term recovery programs. It reduces the stigma and secrecy associated with addiction, removing the shame felt by those struggling with this disease and their families. Shatterproof educates, empowers, and equips parents, families, educators, health care providers, legislators, and others to address addiction head-on. This vibrant, fast-growing nonprofit organization has numerous creative initiatives in place generating awareness and support for reversing the course of the addiction crisis in America. Engaging millions of Americans and empowering them to create change is central to Shatterproof’s business plan.
Shatterproof is hiring a Vice President of Digital Strategy and Information Systems who can take the reins and bring Shatterproof into the future to lead creating, growing and managing a digital strategy that will enhance our digital products, platforms, audience engagement and fundraising. The Vice President will set the organization's overall digital marketing strategies, including user experience across all digital platforms, retention, and growth of our supporter base, and mobilizing those supporters to give their time, talent, and treasure. In addition to overseeing the organization’s digital strategy, this leader will manage the information systems used by Shatterproof. They will supervise staff and several outsourced contractors.
We are looking for an out-of-the-box thinker, with a pulse on the ever-evolving mobile and digital landscape, a keen understanding of user experience, is analytics savvy, and has the ability to balance numerous priorities with a proactive mindset toward customer journey, audience growth, and funding growth.
- Lead a team to evolve our digital products and platforms to engage more people to join Shatterproof through mobile and digital activations, original and curated content, user experience (UX), and more.
- Provide overall leadership for ensuring a great (UX) from beginning to end by implementing best practices, strong SEO, SEM, tools, and process across the entire life cycle of the service. In addition, establish and maintain strategy for measuring effectiveness, ease, and emotion of the end users.
- Supervise online communications calendar, production, and deployment.
- Work cross-functionally with various teams to convert audience into actionable donations of time, talent and/or treasure with a long-term customer journey and retention in mind.
- Supervise the strategic development and management of Shatterproof websites, digital channels, mobile applications, and information systems.
- Create a digital strategy and oversee team that will increase year-round online giving, peer-to-peer fundraising and advocacy, and innovate other mobilizing actions to mobilize the supporter base throughout the year.
- Engage the public to build the Shatterproof brand, enhance community support of local actions, and increase field capacity for building community partnership.
- Define and create both organic and paid creative concepts and translate them into succinct and effective copy for email, social media, web content, and more.
- Oversee and contribute to the production, delivery, and QA of major email programs, social media content, paid media content, and web pages.
- Supervise the expansion of the Shatterproof social media footprint and audiences.
- Stay current about emerging digital strategies and best practices and train staff on trends, digital tools and tactics.
- Responsible for evaluating and improving ROI of all marketing campaigns through continual testing to beat standards and accountable for KPIs.
- 10 + years of experience as a strategic digital/marketing adviser for a significant, high-profile organization such as a major non-profit entity, government agency, campaign, or public corporation.
- Supervisory and management skills and proven track record of leading a team.
- Demonstrated understanding of how to build short-, mid-, and long-term digital campaigns incorporating email, social media, organic and paid media, online content, and SMS (traditional or Hustle) to accomplish organization fundraising and advocacy goals.
- Significant experience with CMS, CRMs and project management platforms, Salesforce experience preferred.
- Proven experience growing social and site traffic via engaging content and storytelling
- Understanding of data and technology and can lead meaningful dialogue with product, technology, and data teams
- Proven strategic thought leadership and demonstrated experience driving innovative marketing programs
- Strong problem-solving skills – approaches problems logically with a solution-oriented mindset and with good judgment to provide the appropriate customer outcome
- Extremely collaborative with the ability to build relationships and engender trust among diverse partners and stakeholders within a matrix organization.
- Sense of urgency to execute and demonstrate successful program implementations.
- Demonstrate ability to influence, manage, and present ideas via excellent clear written and verbal communications.
- Strong project management skills including ability to manage multiple priorities at once, build relationships and work effectively with internal and external partners.
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills, especially in business modeling and analytics, with the ability to leverage insights to draw sound conclusions and recommendations.
- Detail and deadline oriented, with a willingness to often work non-traditional hours.
- An undergraduate degree required.
- Ability to collaborate with and influence key stakeholders across a complex organization
- Understanding of substance use disorder (SUD)
Shatterproof values diverse perspectives and is committed to building an inclusive workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or prior arrest history. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.