David Councill

David Edward Councill

Talented, loving soul

David’s struggle with Substance Use Disorder began after having his wisdom teeth removed the summer following his senior year. He was prescribed 60 Percocet and he slid quickly into addiction. He passed at age 23 of acute overdose of cocaine and Xanax, alone with a needle in his arm. After his death, I educated myself and now educate others about SUD. I tell parents not to fall for “not my kid syndrome” and tell kids that one “bad decision” can lead to death. This picture is the last picture I would have with both my sons on 12/23/2016. David is on the left and his younger brother, Charles, on the right.

Overdoses have increased 42% during the COVID-19 pandemic. Help us save lives.

We've lost too many already

Overdoses have increased 42% during the COVID-19 pandemic. Help us save lives.

Support our work