Lost to addiction from an accidental fentanyl overdose, February 13, 2016. Our hearts are broken forever.
Our son was a beautiful person, inside and out. He was sensitive and loving and never wanted us to know he struggled with addiction. Once we found out, he received treatment and, naively and desperately, we believed all was going to be okay. There was so much we didn't know about this disease. He was so strong and determined in everything else he did that we just assumed his desire to be rid of his addiction would be all it would take for him to succeed. How I wish I could go back and do everything over. How I wish I had known that he was struggling the last time I saw him. We miss him every single moment of every single day.