Dale had been struggling with heroin addiction after being prescribed opioids which were given to him as a teenager. He had been sober for several months, and had purchased what he believed to be DMT to give to his brother to make up for stealing from him. The morning of May 6th I awoke to my youngest son Daniel concussion breathing. 911 had to be called, CPR started, and my son Dale took over until paramedics arrived. Three doses of narcan - the white biggie was on my kitchen table next to my keys and I pointed it out to law enforcement as I left the apartment with Dale and police still in the unit. A short observation at the hospital and we returned to inform Dale that the suspected DMT was most likely laced with fentanyl. A short time later, Dale decided he was going to go take a shower. 20 minutes later I had my younger son Daniel kick in the bathroom door and my son deal had Clips in the shower and was under water. The package of drugs that I appointed to the police officer was in the bathroom with him. Paramedics worked on him for 20 minutes at the house and my lovely son was pronounced dead on May 7th. He became a seven organ 6 recipient donor on May 10th. We later found out that the packet that we thought was DMT laced with fentanyl ended up being 100% fentanyl. My son Dale never had a chance. On August 21st I met with the city manager and chief of police for Burien. It was at that time I was informed that the city and Burien police have a policy of not to investigate any overdoses, and in doing so, leave any drugs or paraphernalia at the scene.